My Other Content on the Web
I also write for other blogs and online magazines. You will find here list of my publications on those other sites.
I wrote a 5 chapters ebook on User Journey Mapping
- An Ebook on available on Amazon, Google Play and Kobo
- You can read the first chapter on Sitepoint
- Online ebook available with a Sitepoint membership
About UX Research and UX Design
- For Condens: User Diary Studies – An effective research method for evaluating user behavior long-term
- For CSS Tricks: Test Your Site With Real Users
- Hello, my name is Stéphanie (on form, diversity and user names)
- Making it pretty will not make it usable
- Bing, wizz, boing, please just make all the noise stop.
About Mobile Design
- UX And HTML5: Let’s Help Users Fill In Your Mobile Form (Part 1)
- UX And HTML5: Let’s Help Users Fill In Your Mobile Form (Part 2)
- The (Not So) Secret Powers Of The Mobile Browser
- The State Of Responsive Web Design
Older stuff, when I used to write about code
- iPhone App Design Workflow with DevRocket, Plus Giveaway
- Responsive Web Design: Layouts and Media Queries
- Full CSS3 HTML5 Contact Form with No Images
- 8 Photoshop Tricks I Wish I Knew When I Was a Student
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 New Round of Tips and Tricks
- 10 Tips to Improve Your Workflow and Work Faster in Illustrator
- Ways to embed a Clickable SVG-Logo into Your Website
- jQuery Mobile Tutorial: Creating a Restaurant Picker Web App
Alsacréations (in French)
- Réduire le poids d’une image SVG : d’Illustrator à l’export final
- Un logo cliquable SVG avec alternatives
- Responsive Webdesign – présent et futur de l’adaptation mobile
- Créer une police d’icônes facilement à partir d’illustrations vectorielles
- Prototype et style tile, retours sur un processus de webdesign tout nouveau pour moi
- Guérilla design en milieu responsive et mobile
Interviews I gave
- 2021, I answered questions about my career as a UX Designer for FemSTEM
- September 2020: I gave an interview with advice for students to digitaldesigntalks.com
- May 2020 Stéphanie Walter, Lead UX designer, répond à nos questions ! – an interview in French about my job, women in tech and a few other things
- April 2020: I answered a few questions about modern responsive web design for The RWD Weekly Newsletter. I talk about challenges, layout, responsive components in different context (container queries), optimizing for touch, etc.
- #STEMStories: Stéphanie, UX and Product designer, Luxembourg
- Speaker Spotlight: Stéphanie Walter on Perceived Performance
- Mobile UX: Tiny Screens, Big Adventures” – Interview with a UX designer Stéphanie Walter
- October 2020 – “10 Ways to Create Delightful and User-Friendly Web Animation” by Oliver Lindberg, with some words from me about building inclusive animations that can be part of your visual language and design systems
- November 2022: I talked with Vitaly from Smashing Magazine’s Podcast about enterprise UX, user journey maps and many other things to build better digital products
- November 2022: for my French speaking audience, I was invited to the Design Journeys to talk about my work and career.
- November 2022: I recorded a “Wacky and unethical UX horror stories” episode of the DeltaCX podcast
- October 2022: Jack Chambers-Ward invited Myriam Jessier and I to SEO horror stories podcast, and we spoke about all the shady techniques SEO people use to try to sneak links into this blog
- September 2022: I talked with Darren Hood about the UX hiring landscape and my experience with recruiters and educating recruiters about how to optimize their hiring and candidate engagement efforts: Episode 121: The UX Job Hiring and Seeking Landscape, Part 4 (with Stéphanie Walter)
- May 2022: I talked about pushing accessibility forward, education and communities in AXSChat podcast: check the video or get the transcript.
- May 2022: I talked about cranes and how to build trust with users in enterprise UX in the UXtweak podcast. Available on Spotify, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast and as a transcript
- February 2021: Ep 144: 2022 UX Predictions and Trends, with Stéphanie Walter
- October 12 2021: The World of UX with Darren Hood — Episode 74: Talkin’ Shop with Stéphanie Walter where we chatted about my career and journey in the UX industry, plants, a little about enterprise UX as well, thanks for having me Darren!
- October 16 2021: Ask me anything with Debbie
- September 16 2021: A lens a Day #40, a podcast on information architecture with Dan Brown where we spoke about designing complex tables for enterprise products
- July 2021: Ep 117: Working in Enterprise UX, a podcast episode on Debbie on what it is like to work in Enterprise UX, the pro, cons, fun part and challenges
- September 2020: Ep 75: Does Your Team Really Need CX/UX Specialists? a podcast on what you need a trained UX specialist even if you think your BA can do wireframes and your PO research
- June 2020: “Ep 51: Surveys: Easy to Run, But There’s a Catch”. A podcast with Debbie Levitt where we talk about surveys as a research tool. It was a lot of fun to prepare and do and we even had a “bad survey examples” quizz prepared!
- February 2020: Smashing Podcast Episode 9 With Stéphanie Walter: How Can I Work With UI Frameworks? “In this episode of the Smashing Podcast, we’re taking a look at UI Frameworks. How can the custom needs of a highly usable application be met with a set of off-the-shelf tools? Drew McLellan speaks to UX Designer Stéphanie Walter to find out.”
- November 2019: PolicyViz- Episode #162: Stéphanie Walter, in this episode of PolicyViz I talk about color, accessibility and dataviz
- a11yrules E082 – Interview with Stephanie Walter – Part 1 & 2, I talk about how to deal with accessibility as a designer, on designer and developer relationship when it comes to accessibility
- Hémisphère droit, I talk in French about my work as a UX designer, about designer dev relationship, mobile design, etc.
- RWD Podcast #61 – This week we catch up with Stephanie Walter and hear about her approach to building a more responsive web.
- I talked at Hémisphere Droit, a podcast in French about my job as a UX designer, how I got there, videos games, design trends, voice interfaces, how movies shape the perception we have of interfaces, my drawings on the iPad and a few more things.