Hi, I'm Stéphanie,
a UX Researcher & Product Designer.
Great design is where user needs and business goals meet. I seek to understand both to design user-centred, inclusive and accessible products and services, mostly in Enterprise UX.
I also write articles on my blog, teach design and speak at conferences & workshops events all around the world. And I recently wrote a book on User Journey Maps.
I also enjoy drawing fun little things, riding my bike in Luxembourg countryside, exploring delicious cooking recipes and playing video games. I’m sadly better at keeping my game teammates alive than most of my plants. But, I try. 🌱
I’m an expert.
I spent the last decade helping clients in different industries (banking, financial, automotive, healthcare, press, travel, etc.) delivering successful projects to their users, all the way from strategy to the final products and services. I specialise in:
I have a user centered approach to design and problem solving. I start with user research to understand their needs and painpoints. Then I prototype a solution and test, iterate until it's the perfect solution for them.
UX & Product Design
I design user friendly, inclusive and accessible products. I also work directly with development teams to deliver useful design specifications: user flows, mockups, design systems, interaction guidelines, etc.
Complex business processes that involve 20 columns data tables do not make me bat an eyelash. I love a good challenge and will make your employee tools and services more user friendly and efficient.
If you need assistance crafting an incredible and fast mobile user experience from native apps to responsive websites, get in touch!
I help other people grow.
On my blog, I share advice on user research, design, usability. Every week, I share a The Pixels of the Week, a review of useful resources and articles to help the community grow. I’ve also collaborated with Smashing Magazine, The Pastry Box, Codrops, etc.
A few selected articles:
- A Designer’s Guide to Documenting Accessibility & User Interactions
- Accessibility for designer: where do I start?
- My Expert Guide to User Interviews
- A User Research and UX Design Starter Kit
- A Cheatsheet for User Interview and Follow Ups Questions
I'm a conference speaker
I speak about topics that are dear to me (UX Design, accessibility, inclusive design, mobile, performance).
I train people
I belive in helping the future generations of Designers. This is why I train people, in workshops and also teach for different universities.
I collaborated on some great projects
This is a just a small part of the great clients I collaborated with. You know how it is with designer portfolios: we don't have time to update them because we usually are super busy making our client's projects amazing. Also NDAs 🤫, and... that's basically it.
Investment Bank Enterprise UX
I am currently helping the European Investment Bank with the migration of a 10+ year old project tool used by almost every department of the bank:
- User Research: interviews, observations & workshops to understand how people currently use the system for their daily tasks and activities.
- Product strategy and prioritization of the roadmap to decide how and what to migrate to the new system.
- Prototyping and usability testing on important features.
- Collaboration on a design system to make the product easier to maintain and evolve in the future.
UX Strategy & Design System
I helped Luxair & Luxairtours build a UX Design Strategy and grow their Design Maturity on different axes:
- Assessment of current maturity; improvement proposals at different levels and evangelisation of user centric methods with stakeholders.
- Lead of the design team on a daily basis to improve collaboration between stakeholder, devs and POs to break silos.
- Creation of a design system initiative to bring more consistency across the different products of the brand
- Improvement of the travel search engine
Digital Mortgage Simulator
Within BIL's design team, I helped on different projects, from the design of an investor's profile form to some ATM redesign research. The biggest project was the redesign of the digital mortgage journey, which included:
- Competitor analysis and benchmark.
- Service design workshops with the agents to rework the digital customer journey.
- Rework of the information architecture to create 3 options based on 3 different levels of maturity in a real estate project.
- Wireframes and prototyping of the final solution.
Student Online Assessment tool
Let's be honest: I'm not a developer so it's easier for me at the moment to have a PDF presentation. So I created a "secret presentation" for you so that you can find out a little bit more details about my process (and see a few selected projects I didn't have time to put on this site yet)
They Trust me
Yeah, this is the part where I put the nice logos of the companies I was lucky to work with! See anyone you know here?