Every week I post a lot of my daily readings about Web, UI and UX Design, mobile design, webdesign tools and useful resources, inspiration on twitter and other social networks.
You can follow me on twitter to get a dose of links every days.
TL;DNR the one you should not miss
If you’re looking for CSS talks to watch, here is a whole list 🙂
- How to do a UX Review: The Definitive Guide
- Form Field Usability: Consider Using Localized Input Masks for ‘Phone’ and Other Restricted Inputs (64% Don’t) via Baymard. For phone numbers, localization can get really
tricky, for instance I live in Luxembourg by my phone number has a French format :/
- “RE: The end of Design as we know it” nice article on designers getting more time to become problem solvers
- The web is ready for great graphic design
- Introducing design systems
- Where to Spot New Design Trends: 15 Sources to Stay Fresh
- How to Design a Large Scale Responsive Site, another great article on responsive process
- Designing for Breakpoints by Stephen Hay, 2013 but the process is still relevant today
Designing For A Browserless Web, great article on what Progressive Web Apps can do for you.
I’m wondering if we can detect a standalone launch to display specific content (like share buttons when there’s no browser or enhance the navigation)
“6 things I hate about your design CV”, number 1 Fucking skills charts. Yes
Inspiration, fun demos and Great ideas
Garamond Corpvs, for all of the typography and anatomy nerds out there <3
Animating Layouts with the FLIP Technique (+ a library to help you as a bonus)
The Front-End Checklist – an online tool to build a front-end checklist for your projects
- CSS Grid Starter Layouts, quick tips to build really flexible grids
- Learn CSS Grid in 5 Minutes – A quick introductions to the future of website layouts.
Useful resources, tools and plugins that will make your life easy
designercize.com a tool that gives you random design challenges to practise. Fun but a little wtf in the challenges sometimes ?